Louis Alarcon is a professional teacher and photographer who manages exclusive photography tours every month in Cuba, the place where he got married and that he now calls home.
Louis’ life in Cuba is permeated by his love for his wife, his family and his work, and he has completely blended in with the Cuban society, which has allowed him to gain a deep understanding of the country.
100% specialized in Cuba: Our upcoming 2017 and 2018 guided Cuban photo tours are organized by the Locally Sourced Cuba Travel Agency , which offers affordable licensed people-to-people (US Citizens) Cuba Tours, through its partnership with the US-based Educational Adventures Company.
- All travel photography workshops to Cuba are legal and approved for group people-to-people educational travel under new US regulations as of June 16, 2017 -
OUR CUBA PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR (Havana and Countryside)
- Duration : 8 days - 7 nights
- Dates : November 4th - November 25th - December 19th - December 29 th - 20 of January - March 24th - April 14th - April 29th - 21 of July - 11 of August.
- Accomodation : Great cuban houses. You’ll have privacy , conforts, and security while still being able to interact with the locals as much as you want.
- Travelers : 2 minimum - 7 maximum (Our Cuba Photography tours are guaranteed to depart with a minimum of two people)
- Havana and Vinales (City and countryside)
- Price: US$ 3395
- Small groups: He has designed these trips to be taken by small groups ranging from 2 to 7 travelers at the most (guaranteed for a minimum of two people). You will be able to enjoy a flexible and authentic photo trip into the heart of the most human, real and photogenic Cuba.
- Main focus: Interior photography in Cuban homes, learning about the Afro-Cuban religion, visits to gyms and boxing schools, visits to hidden communities of friends in the Cuban countryside, street portrait sessions, neighborhoods in the outskirts of Havana, cuban dancers photo session, magical sunsets, terraces with great panoramic views, and a long list of photography surprises.
- Lodging in Cuban homes: In order to be in true contact with the Cuban society, Louis does not use tourist-infested hotels; visitors stay in a large Cuban house in Downtown Havana, with all comforts and complete privacy, and with a wonderful terrace where we will have breakfast, review photographs, talk, and listen to live music played by young Havana talents.
- An intense, yet simple photo tour: Activities are especially thought out for travelers who are interested in photography, in travels , in people, and in getting to know an exciting culture. No matter the travelers’ photographic skills or the camera they use, everyone is welcome.
As you can see in the video, these Photo Tours in Cuba are focused on human photography, portraits and street photography. The main goal of our trip is to closely relate with the Cuban people and discover an exciting and mysterious culture.
Discover what may well be one of the most specialized websites on Photo Tours to Cuba and photography workshops. Travelers of any nationality and photo skills are welcome on these photography Workshops to Cuba 2017 and 2018 ; the only requirement to be a part of them is a passion for travelling, people, music, gastronomy, culture, and photography.
Click in the logo to check and enquire
Working philosophy ( in the words of Louis)
After many years in Cuba, I´m still surprised by how all tourist gather around the same places, which is why I´ve designed my photography travels to see the authentic Cuba.
Photography , Cuba and Teaching, are my passions. I teach my travelers/students the culture of a country and how to capture it with their cameras.
Travelers come to my Cuban photo workshops hoping to take beautiful travel photographs and I help them in this goal, but I also show them the professional way of telling photo stories with a selection of their photos, "beyond travel photography".
I ease access to Cuban settings enjoying the extreme kindness and sociability of the Cuban people.
I aim to transform the travelers who participate in these cuban photo tours, they arrive with a pre-conceived picture of the country and leave with a real notion, different from that with which he arrived, as well as with a different way of understanding and working with documentary and artistic photography.
Photographing Cuba is not just a Cuba Photography Tours Website, it is also a a Louis Alarcon long-term personal project involving the making and publishing of photo-essays which document the new Cuba.
These photography stories are aimed at showing changes in Cuba and creating a historical record that can be used to understand this island that is both famous and unknown at the same time.