Photography tour in Havana and Vinales
When The Light is All Right
January is one of the best months for taking photographs in Cuba. During this 8-day photo tour we will enjoy a special light Cuba has during “winter”. Temperatures are mild, as if in a pleasant spring.
We will mainly focus on Havana, and we’ll spend a night in a town called Vinales, 170 km. away.
Vinales is known for its gorgeous valley and its tobacco plantations, and it is during the months of January and February when we will find the most bustle. We’ll be able to photograph special moments such as the tobacco harvest and the life of farmers in the Cuban farmlands
In Havana, you will experience and photograph daily Cuban life, markets, portraits, etc. mixing and mingling with the locals at unique locations such as boxing gyms, colorful Afro-Cuban dancers. Outside of Havana you will witness first-hand the beautiful countryside and a rural Cuba not seen in the guidebooks: interior of Cuban farmer houses, tobacco houses, etc.
Because we run our photography tours privately in small groups (no more than 5 people per tour), we can be 100% flexible with the itinerary, taking advantage of any unforeseen events or developments that help provide the perfect backdrop for photographic opportunities. We think this flexibility adds to the adventure and the intrigue.
You will enjoy the best restaurants, as well as hidden paladares with our Photography Tour of Cuba. Even during meal time, you should always have your cameras ready to capture some unforgettable moments at the dining table. Besides, you’ll experience the Cuban family contact because our accommodation is in Cuban official houses
The Best Spots are Waiting for You and Your Camera
Our Photography tours are designed to take you to the most photogenic locations to shoot in the best light. They are also designed to help you visualize a scene before capturing that magical moment. We aim to enhance your creativity and raise your awareness, so you can leave Cuba with images that you will be very proud of for years to come. Furthermore, you will learn how to study a landscape and approach your environment, the cultural considerations of photographing people that are indigenous to the region and the challenges of photographing in a country that is foreign to you.
Some of the Tour Highlights
- Visit an Afro-Cuban priest and photograph Afro-Cuban dancers.
- Discover a boxing gym of a former Olympic Champion.
- Find the Che Guevara Graffiti route in Havana.
- Take portraits of farmers, photos of landscape in Vinales village, visit to their special farms and "tobacco houses".
- Experience the Havana´s life and Malecon scenes, including sunset in the right place at the right time.
- Walk around agrifood colorful markets
- Cuban architecture.
- Get lots of surprises in our daily photo tour
- Rest in official Cuban house
- Learn about the forbidden pictures.
- Capture the interior of Cuban houses.
- Get expert tuition on a camera´s configuration, proper lense use, etc.
- Enjoy and work like a professional who knows how to choose the best pictures.
- Tell stories with your series of photographs.
WHATCH THE EXPERIENCE.
In order to clearly understand these photographic journeys and my style, you may see the videos recorded during guided tours around Cuba.